Wednesday, December 2, 2009

COOPER E 230 meets Ken Gibson of the LONDON SUN




One of the best parts of being involved with the MINI E road test is the really nice people I am meeting along the way! 


I received a call last week from Natalie at Mini, asking if I would be available to talk to someone named Ken Gibson who had been reading my blog about the Mini E driving experience. Sure! I said, always glad to talk about the Mini E!


Yesterday, I had one of the most fun afternoons I've had in a while.
I met Ken Gibson, Motoring Editor for the London Sun Newspaper, at his Hotel in downtown LA., Yvonne, from Mini PR in Detroit, was there with a shiny new Mini Convertible, a local photographer and a bunch of cameras.
Ken is doing a story on the Mini E driving experience, here in America, in preparation for the launch of the same program in the United Kingdom.


As the clock was now pushing 2:00 I hit 'Start', the 'ICE' Convertible 'fired up' and we headed out with an eye toward LA city backgrounds and icons that would be recognizable to his British readers.


Driving around LA/Hollywood being chased by a Mini Convertible and a strobe flashing photographer was a really fun experience for an old guy who has spent most of his career BEHIND the cameras, for a moment I felt what a celebrity must feel!


Speeding past Paramount Pictures front gate (where I spent most of the 70's), the Hollywood sign, my old Stage 29, shooting away, strobes flashing, was a lot of fun for me.


All too soon it was over, back to the Hotel, seared Ahi dinner on MIni PR, we said our goodbye's. 


Thank you to Ken Gibson, the LONDON SUN, Yvonne and Natalie from MINI PR, MINIUSA, BMW and all the good people involved with bringing the Electric Car to the rest of us!


I new when I signed up I would be meeting a lot of really nice people!


(128 miles today with a hour and a half charge during the morning meeting.)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim, sounds like a great day! Would have loved to been there with you!

    Todd

    ReplyDelete