Sunday, May 23, 2010

Did I ever tell you how much I like driving an EV?

14,000 miles in Eleven months!
An average of 44 miles per day, every day!

Sure there have been a few 150 and 200 mile days,
and a few days when the car never left the garage,
PROOF that, even in Los Angeles, California, the 100 - 120 mile range is totally
adequate for daily run around and commute,
(for me and I would bet, in reality, millions of other people who currently don't think a BEV is for them).

Sure, I do own another car (Diesel), it's a truck, which I need for pulling heavy things, but the BULK of my transportation needs are more than adequately covered in my 100 (120) mile 'Range' of Clean, Quiet, Smooth, High Performance, Exciting ALL ELECTRIC powered MINI E!

When I have to, or want to, travel outside the range of my MINI E
I have the option of using my truck (which is very comfortable)
for long trips.

There are four drivers in my family and four vehicles, one of them is Electric.
Which one do you think gets driven most? (because it's more fun to drive)
Which one sat so long it's batteries went dead? (Hint: Diesels have 2 batteries)

1 comment: