Sunday, August 9, 2009

Seems to me

There is a lot of talk running around about problems with the MINI E and the 'test program'.
I would like to put in my 'two cents' (which is what it costs to drive me nearly a mile).

First, we all were warned there would be hiccups and delays as it is an Experimental car.
As far as I am concerned the car and program have been flawless and smoothly executed.
If I've had a question (one) or concern ( few) they have been answered quickly and efficiently with a simple phone call to the right person.

My Charger installation was smooth, efficient and professionally handled, inspection passed, I've been charging for two months, 3000 miles, no problems, no complaints.

The car:
• Fit and Finish: Perfect
• Design:
• Exterior: Perfect, wouldn't change a thing.
• Interior: Of course I would like the rear seat (battery box), more cargo space.
(future reduction or redesign of battery size will take care of this)
Love the look and feel of everything.
Would like to reorganize some of the digital information in dash.
• Performance: After two months = still WOW!
95 mph top speed is entirely adequate (more would only tempt me to get tickets).
Acceleration is astounding!
Regenerative braking is wonderful, miss it when driving other cars.
• Handling: Superior!
Everything I would expect from a Mini and more.
love the extra battery weight, feels like I'm glued to the road.
• Range: Entirely adequate for a day to day 40 mile commute or running around town.
(150 to 200 miles would be superior, I'm sure ((hope)) this is future possible.)
• Charging: Couldn't be simpler or safer.
(Future Standard Plug and Infrastructure will nice.)

All said, my experience so far has convinced me this IS the car of the future NOW.

We CAN drive Electric Cars NOW, the infrastructure exists NOW, there is plenty of power to charge OFF PEAK, I have done 3000 miles in two months just running around town and haven't bought an ounce of Gasoline and have been only responsible for a mere tiny fraction of the pollution produced by power generation facilities.

As my wife says, (as a Mom with two sons growing up and all the things they have to do and events they have to attend)
She drives tens of thousands of miles a year - one mile at time!

All that could be done in an ELECTRIC vehicle.
(reducing ones carbon footprint on the Planet).

WE ARE doing it right NOW,
YOU CAN TOO, look into it.
Even Hybrids are a step in the right direction.

Voice your opinion, let them know WE want these cars NOW.






2 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100%. My experience with the MINI E test program has been great. The car is great. They were honest about the program. They have lived up to their promises and the car has exceeded expectations.

    I'm glad I signed up and would do it again. I know of at least 5 people who, after a test drive, would sign up in a minute, if the opportunity arose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Cooper E!

    Agree 100%

    Cheers
    peder

    ReplyDelete