Monday, January 4, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's been a busy Holiday season!

We've had the pleasure of 'Baby sitting' my friends Mini E #136 while he is enjoying a family vacation in Hawaii.

It's been really fun having Two Mini E's in the family, the charger has been busy.

I am looking forward with much excitement to the new year and what Electric and Hybrid vehicles will do toward transforming our transportation choices!

We've just completed another of the Mini reporting events, detailed charting of the daily use of our car for one week.
Not a typical day for us but one that happens too often is: I wake up at around 7am, unplug the car and have breakfast. Start my day and drive anywhere from 30 to 80 miles in my various daily errands finishing by plugging in after 9pm and heading for bed. My son Jamie (who's body clock is opposite of mine and stays up all night) unplugs with a full tank at midnight, adds another 40 or so miles and replugs at 3 or so in the am. Later that morning I unplug, have breakfast and am on my way with yet again a full tank for another day.

The tank is always full!

Our electric bills average about $50 a month, far less than filling two gasoline tanks every other week!

Our average 'fuel' expense is about .03 cents per mile and less when we charge on a public charger.

My wonderful (now low mileage) 2003 Ford F250 Diesel has burned no more than 70 gallons of fuel in 7 months, (those were to tow things I couldn't with the Mini) normally I would have done that much fuel ($200) in two weeks running my errands, I had to charge the trucks batteries to start it.

8500 miles on COOPER E 230 and mounting, I'll return #136 this weekend to it's home and Jamie and I will be back to our routine Day shift/Night shift.

If you are not looking forward to Electric Cars I feel sorry for you, you'll be missing something really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment