Sunday, June 7, 2009

'Donut Derelicts' appearance

Saturday morning at 'Donut Derelicts', the famous gathering of Classic Hot Rods in Huntington Beach at Adams and Magnolia every Saturday morning from 6 to 9 am, I decided to take COOPER E and see if there was any interest.

Having arrived a little after 6 am I found there was no place to park in the rows of shining beautiful Rods on display (about 200) so after silently cruising the line I found a tiny spot at the end no other car could fit in to.

I backed in and before I could exit the car, the first question "that a Hybrid?" I answered "Nope...Electric" "Really...All Electric?" "Yep".

Soon the word spread as I opened the hood and people were coming from the other side of the parking lot who had heard there was "an electric car over there". I was surrounded with questions, smiles, eager to hear about the experience I am having. 

Normally, on the road, no one even notices anything different about the car, but in this case, cruising slowly, silently though the lineup of exotic customs caught the attention of some and the word spread very quickly.

I never got my donuts and coffee, next week I will take someone along so I can have some time to admire the other cars and enjoy some Coffee.

Fun Meter: still off the chart!

1 comment:

  1. I took MINI E 005 to Cars and Coffee in Irvine. I left the hood open. Some came up and asked what that big box was. Most were fascinated but never heard of it before. Met two other people waiting for their MINI E's.

    On the way home a new light came on. Car won't take a charge. Took it back to the dealer.

    ReplyDelete