Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First long run to Hollywood.

Tomorrow I am making my first long run into Hollywood then Marina Del Rey from Newport Beach (about 65 miles one way).
I need to do a meeting in town, something I used to do every day, 130 miles round trip,
since I am getting 80 to 100 miles per charge, it will be difficult to get there and back on one charge. I am determined to do it, however, I really hate driving anything else at this point.

Shannon at New Deal Studios has graciously offered her charger for a brush up before I attempt the run home, so after my meeting at FOX I will cross town to Marina Del Rey and get an hours worth of juice at New Deal. Planning to be there during 'Rush' hour, I'll have my laptop, so all is not lost (I could be sitting on the freeway). It's really kind of fun having to plan your moves a little more than normal, think about range, strategy, timing, desirability of certain routes over others, etc., whatever makes your day, huh.

So, I'll let you know how it went, hopefully I won't have to make the 'call'.

1 comment:

  1. Jim - good luck tomorrow. And I strongly recommend that you get the 1 hour charge before you head home. And try to take as much surface street once you get near Long Beach - it will extend your range considerably.

    Good luck!
    Ed

    ReplyDelete