Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mustang 'encounter'

Cruising along (I won't say where) last evening a Mustang (white with Cobra stripes) pulled out of a side street and roaring through finely tuned exhaust notes, smoothly shifting through the gears, it was obvious he intended to first to arrive wherever he was going . 
As he pulled away I noticed there was no one else on the road so I decided to see how long I could match his speed.
I quietly pulled along side as he shifted through to 4th gear, blissfully filling the night air with sound (and fumes). 
At speed (I won't say what) he glanced left..... I was still there, silent, gliding, to the left of the 'beast'.
I smiled, holding tight the steering wheel, I punched the accelerator and zoomed ahead, almost frighteningly quick. 
As the lights of the Mustang fell away in the rearview I began at first to chuckle, then Laughing Out Loud said, "WOW!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim...enjoy your blog! I just added your blog address to my blog. Once I get my MINI E out of the shop, hopefully we can get together some time. Details on our blog.

    ReplyDelete